jdk-1.4 - a plea for help

mccrosky mccrosky at ualberta.ca
Fri Aug 16 17:57:09 PDT 2002

I would very much like to have jdk-1.4 on my powerpc system; however, it
requires a jdk-1.4 for bootstrapping and the latest ppc jdk available is
1.3.1.

It seems it should be possible to crosscompile the jdk.  The only binaries
created, AFAIK, come from plain C source.  I doubt it would be anything like
easy, but if some brave soul would be willing to try and compile a powerpc
jdk-1.4, I, and probably many other powerpc users would be very grateful.

If you're willing to try but think you need some help, I'll answer any
questions I can.

Thanks.

	jesse McCrosky
	mccrosky at ualberta.ca