question about updates...

wim wim.villerius at hccnet.nl
Fri Aug 16 17:58:49 PDT 2002

not for sure, bot iirc at least a minor update should overwrite all
existing files (so you can savely install it in the same dir)

however it might be a good idea to install a pretty critical program
like mysql in a seperate dir so you've always an easy way to recover an
older version.

i would vote for a real BIG remark explaining and offering the
possibility to use seperate dirs (but not using them by default)

that would at least be the most educational ;)

--
Wim Villerius

"Dubio, ergo sum" Descartes
"Bibo, ergo sum" I say