gnat and gcc recompile

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 16 16:44:33 PDT 2002

On Sun, 11, Aug, 2002 at 08:15:32AM -0500, Larry Lawrence spoke thus..
> Bruce Dubbs wrote:
>
> > No objections, but have we had a lot of requests for this?  Do you think
> > its needs to be done for completeness or do you think its really useful?
> >  I can see Objective C and FORTRAN, but not Ada.
> >   -- Bruce
> >

> I was going for completeness.  Ada came from discussion in lfs-dev when 3.1
> came into play.  Like Java, it need itself to compile.

I agree - go for completeness.  This will prove especially useful
when^hif the campaign to move the main LFS book to gcc-core/g++ goes
ahead for LFS-4.1.

Mark

"But Yossarian *still* didn't understand either how Milo could buy eggs
 in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa
 for five cents."
     Catch 22, Joseph Heller
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org