cvs 1.11.2 and zlib

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 16 16:43:14 PDT 2002

On Tue, 13, Aug, 2002 at 06:26:39PM -0400, Michael Horbatsch spoke thus..
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that cvs 1.11.2 (latest stable version) uses an internal static version
> of zlib. This is a waste if you have the shared library installed IMO, so I used
> the attached patch to link cvs against the system zlib. The patch was taken from
> the debian diff. I think that the BLFS book should mention this patch, since zlib
> is a part of LFS now.

Hmm.  Do we mention this patch?  I agree that it makes sense
(considering you can then update zlib if there's another security
problem and not worry about recompiling cvs [with the usual caveat of
the interface remaining unchanged])

Does anyone have strong feelings one way or the other?

I'm for it - especially as zlib is now in LFS.

Mark

"I never make predictions.  I never have and I never will."
     Tony Blair
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org