dhcpcd

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 16 16:41:40 PDT 2002

On Thu, 15, Aug, 2002 at 12:18:16PM -0500, DJ Lucas spoke thus..
> Actually the new patch does quit a bit more than that.  *.pid file is moved
> to /var/run, cache file is in /var/cache, and info file is in
> /var/lib/dhcpc/  (this is where the former <ConfigDir> has been moved by
> default and is still affected by the -L switch).  I'd like to see the patch
> in the book, I think it's undergone enough testing.  I'm also gonna update
> the hint to start pointing users to BLFS as opposed to hints.

/me glances up.  Can you send the patch to the list and we can upload it
to the BLFS patches area on the FTP server.

> >    configdir = ${sysconfdir}/dhcpc
> >
> > I didn't try to reinstall according to tyhe book, but it seems to me
> > that the config files should be /etc/dhcpc/* and not /etc/dhcpcd/*
>
> Correct..this should be fixed too.

Larry?

Mark

"But Yossarian *still* didn't understand either how Milo could buy eggs
 in Malta for seven cents apiece and sell them at a profit in Pianosa
 for five cents."
     Catch 22, Joseph Heller
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org