question about updates...

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 16 16:39:43 PDT 2002

On Fri, 16, Aug, 2002 at 10:40:55AM +0200, quinte spoke thus..
> what if a user want to upgrad eg. the mysql? is it clean to just install
> the new version over the old one or what should someone do if he first
> installed it from blfs?

Personally I'd recommend logging all package installs so that you can
easily wipe entire packages out if you need to.  There are various
recommendations on tools to do this in the LFS/BLFS faq.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq

Mark

"Don't you hate those Claims Direct adverts?
 'I slipped on a banana skin and sued the Dominican Republic!'"
     Linda Smith on the News Quiz talking about the Compensation Culture
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org