Stunnel or other SSL Encryption Apps/Libs

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 16 16:38:22 PDT 2002

On Fri, 16, Aug, 2002 at 05:39:23PM -0400, Bob Kimmel spoke thus..
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering if there has been any thought to including
> stunnel or an alternative in the blfs book?  I have been
> using this to run SSL-encrypted email service (both POP
> and SMTP) and have found it useful.  I wasn't able to find
> any discussion in any of the list archives, so I'm not
> sure if this topic was never brought up, was discussed and
> rejected, or what...

I don't think it'll go in for BLFS-1.0.  It's *far* too long since I've
used stunnel for me to do it (it was a long time ago when I was setting
up swat [samba admin tool] over a secure interface; I don't use swat any
more) and we all have a lot of work to do on the basic packages BLFS
should cover first.

It's a possibilty for the future though.

Mark

"I once absent-mindedly ordered Three Mile Island dressing in a restaurant
 and, with great presence of mind, they brought Thousand Island Dressing and
 a bottle of chili sauce."
     Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org