qmail-1.03

Richard Lightman richard at nezumi.plus.com
Fri Aug 16 00:48:53 PDT 2002

* Bob Kimmel <rkimmel at princeton.edu> [2002-08-16 08:02]:
> I wrote a patch to qmail that does two things:
>
> (1) Puts the executables in /usr/sbin instead of /var/qmail/bin

I could use that. I have /usr/sbin mounted ro, but that does not
protect qmail even using a simlink for /var/qmail/bin.

The same would apply to /var/qmail/control -> /etc/qmail

> (2) Has qmail-start fork a daemon

Why? Cann't you just use the shell's '&' to start a separate process?
I would have to reverse this part of your patch, or (on my system)
init would restart qmail-start every few seconds.

If this matters to you, how separating the patches?

Richard
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org