question about updates...

quinte quinte17 at gmx.de
Fri Aug 16 01:40:55 PDT 2002

what if a user want to upgrad eg. the mysql? is it clean to just install
the new version over the old one or what should someone do if he first
installed it from blfs?

in my opinion i do always install several packages into a seperate
folder like:
/usr/local/mysql/VERION#
do a symlink to it which is named current
and in the scripts i use the sysmlink... this makes it for me easyer to
upgrade... if this way will be used in future blfs or not i dont know...
but i think we should discuss about it

cya
Stephan

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org