MySQL-3.23.51: Long awaited and finally here..

Kelledin kelledin+BLFS at skarpsey.dyndns.org
Thu Aug 15 19:28:46 PDT 2002

On Thursday 15 August 2002 05:40 pm, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
> Yo,
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~highos/blfs-book/content/mysq
>l.html
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~highos/blfs-book/appendices/s
>ymlinks.html
>
> Mark just gave me permission to commit this into CVS.  But if
> anyone if around and wants to take a quick look, before I do,
> feel free.

You might want to mention a little detail about building MySQL
against a customized libpthreads for optimal MySQL performance
on LinuxThreads.  It's in the MySQL release notes for Linux.

IMO the best way to handle this is to compile a custom
libpthreads.a with the necessary linuxthreads tweaks, then build
it into MySQL statically.  I've done it myself; it's quite icky,
but I can give you a hand figuring it out if you want.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org