qmail-1.03

Bob Kimmel rkimmel at princeton.edu
Thu Aug 15 19:19:16 PDT 2002

> -----Original Message-----
> From: billy at dps43.oconnoronline.net
> [mailto:billy at dps43.oconnoronline.net]On Behalf Of Billy O'Connor
> Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 9:25 PM
> To: blfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
> Subject: qmail-1.03
>

> -Np1 from BLFS/BOOK/server/mail/

I wrote a patch to qmail that does two things:

(1) Puts the executables in /usr/sbin instead of /var/qmail/bin

(2) Has qmail-start fork a daemon

The reason a patch is needed for (1) is that the executable
directory location is hard-coded in a lot of places, so one
must use symlinks or change the code to use a different directory.

If there is any interest, I will post it or send it by e-mail;
if I don't hear anything, I'll assume no interest.  It's quite
a simple patch, in any event, and is compatible with the big-DNS
patch and the authenticated SMTP patch.

BK

Bob Kimmel
Bendheim Center for Finance