dhcpcd

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Thu Aug 15 10:18:16 PDT 2002

Hello,

Vassili Dzuba wrote:
> I did look at the situation in more details. In fact, i had installed
> dhcpcd using the hint, and not the book, and the hint suggests
> applying a patch the changes the default sysconfidir to /var/lib.
> As i applied this patch, i had of course no /etc/dhcpc on my system.

Actually the new patch does quit a bit more than that.  *.pid file is moved
to /var/run, cache file is in /var/cache, and info file is in
/var/lib/dhcpc/  (this is where the former <ConfigDir> has been moved by
default and is still affected by the -L switch).  I'd like to see the patch
in the book, I think it's undergone enough testing.  I'm also gonna update
the hint to start pointing users to BLFS as opposed to hints.

> BTW, the book seems incorrect as it contains :
>
>    Config files
>
>    /etc/dhcpcd/*
>
> and the Makefile after executing ./configure --prefix=/
> contains :
>

>    configdir = ${sysconfdir}/dhcpc
>
> I didn't try to reinstall according to tyhe book, but it seems to me
> that the config files should be /etc/dhcpc/* and not /etc/dhcpcd/*

Correct..this should be fixed too.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org