dhcpcd

Vassili Dzuba vassilidzuba at nerim.net
Thu Aug 15 08:00:45 PDT 2002

I did look at the situation in more details. In fact, i had installed
dhcpcd using the hint, and not the book, and the hint suggests applying
a patch the changes the default sysconfidir to /var/lib.
As i applied this patch, i had of course no /etc/dhcpc on my system.

BTW, the book seems incorrect as it contains :

   Config files

   /etc/dhcpcd/*

and the Makefile after executing ./configure --prefix=/
contains :

   configdir = ${sysconfdir}/dhcpc

I didn't try to reinstall according to tyhe book, but it seems to me that
the config files should be /etc/dhcpc/* and not /etc/dhcpcd/*

Vassili Dzuba

(skip)