dhcpcd

Bob Kimmel rkimmel at princeton.edu
Wed Aug 14 14:31:17 PDT 2002

> In chapter 14 of the BLFS, the build instructions for
> dhcpcd contain :
>
>    Configuring dhcpcd
>
>    Config files
>
>    /etc/dhcpcd/*
>
>    Configuration Information
>
>    To configure the client, you need to modify the
>    /etc/sysconfig/network-devices/ifconfig.eth0 file
>    (or the appropriate one for the interface you are
>    running DHCP on) you created earlier by adding
>    the appropriate DHCP_PROG , DHCP_START and DHCP_STOP values.
>

> I don't see what /etc/dhcpcd/* config files it's about,
> as the configuration information is in /etc/sysconfig/* ?

The dhcpcd client will deposit some files in this directory,
which keep track of the state of its IP address lease, etc.
You don't need to create/edit anything in this directory, just
the /etc/sysconfig info.  For what it is worth, you can use
the -L option to put this directory somewhere else (e.g., /var/run)
if you like, although you may also have to do something funny
during the configuration.  It's been a while, I'm having a hard
time remembering.

BK

Bob Kimmel
Bendheim Center for Finance