BLFS-1.0 release date coinciding with LFS-4.0?

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Aug 6 05:04:20 PDT 2002

On Sun, 04, Aug, 2002 at 12:07:30AM -0400, Gerard Beekmans spoke thus..
> Hey guys,
>
> Once upon a time Mark and I were talking when BLFS-1.0 would be released, and
> a tentative arrangement was made to release BLFS-1.0 on the same day as
> LFS-4.0
>
> Is this plan still attainable?

I'm just looking at what work other people have been doing recently
(there's a lot of it).  A brief glance suggests that it is attainable
although it'll be tight.

What I'm thinking about is setting a date by which all *new*
instructions have to be sent to the blfs-* lists in order to be
considered for BLFS-1.0.  That date will be August 24th[0].

After that we'll just do QA testing, reading and rewriting the textual
parts of the book and bug fixing.

Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

Mark

[0] Reasoning for that date?  I was looking for a date around about then
and noticed that that Sunday is my mum's birthday!  /me shrugs, it's as
good a reason as any!

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org