dhcp ifdown

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Apr 28 17:10:51 PDT 2002

On Fri, 26, Apr, 2002 at 12:04:28PM -0500, Larry Lawrence spoke thus..
> I reviewed manpages for pump and made one final modification.  The only
> thing that I can find is that ifup-eth[1,x] and ifdown-eth[1,x] are not
> necessary for dhclient as when one goes, they all go.  pump can set the
> DHCP_OPT to '-i eth1' and release individual interfaces as dhcpcd can (also
> using DHCP_OPT. For DJ, dhclient -r does not release the pid, but also
> properly allows ifup to reconfigure and does not report [already running].
>
> Let the testing begin.
Larry, I think I prefer adding the DHCP_STOP options to the network
config file to teaching the script about specific clients.  It just
seems to seperate out much more nicely that way to me.

Does anyone have an objection or should I do that?

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org