dhcp ifdown

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Fri Apr 26 15:08:04 PDT 2002

Hello agian!!!!

Larry Lawrence wrote:

>My rule is currently maintained. (There still a lot of buffer overruns
>out there)  Popularity is not as important if the package does the job.
>There is no quota in the outline, it even implys that the choice is left
>up to the user.  My biggest surprise of today was that I didn't find any
>other clients, and I had really hoped to find some.

Just to make things more fun, I managed to scrounge up two more clients.
The first, udhcp, is being developed for embeded linux  and the other is
dhcpxd, an older client (1999) that still shipped with Mandrake 7.2.
 There may be some who would prefer to use either of these clients.  I
honestly don't think that many people would want to use them IMHO, being
that it took me hours of searching to find them.  But what the heck, I'm
gonna play with them too, just to find out.  And pump is still not
running, and I can't figure out why..yet.

Figured I'd share what I found,

D.J. Lucas

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org