objprelink submission

Larry Lawrence llawre_ at excite.com
Fri Apr 26 08:47:44 PDT 2002

> Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:
>> Yo,
>>

>> I don't see a problem with adding objprelink itself.  But modifying the
>> default qt instructions...especially when you have to use qt-copy,
>> intead of the official qt sources, well.. c'mon now.

What is required to do this WITHOUT using qt-copy?  The patch on the
objprelink website is very simple for QT3, but it's six months old.  Do we
know how many changes were made between qt and qt-copy?  Do we know that
KDE will keep up qt-copy so a patch could be maintained? Can the patch be
implemented with Makefile overrides?

Minor issues: Will objprelink be maintained?  Why does trolltech avoid
objprelink?

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org