Postfix sed commands

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Thu Apr 25 08:58:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Larry Lawrence wrote:

> As Bill's fingers slipped and he posted book edits to blfs.support.

I wish I could blame this one on my fingers. *ruler-rap-on-knuckles*

> The correction is now scheduled.
>
> The suggestion is well received and will be implemented as soon as I
> understand regexp or as soon as I can translate it accurately instead of
> guessing. (line starting with stmp and ending with stmpd)
>
> Larry

I know you'll crack the book anyway, but in case you have trouble
getting to it as quickly as you'd like, below is a briefing.

Briefly, it says "the beginning of the line followed by smtp, followed by
any character any number of times, followed by smtpd, followed by the
end of the line", substitute....

If you want to add the "zero or more spaces", just stick, ahead of
the dollar sign, a space followed by an asterisk, which says "...
space occurring zero or more times".

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com