dhcpd configuration

Larry Lawrence llawre_ at excite.com
Wed Apr 24 09:07:56 PDT 2002

There will be a modification to the ifdown-eth0 script.

In english, dhcp requires ifconfig eth0 down, dhcpcd does not, it uses -k to
release interface and evaluate_retval is added since killproc is removed.

if DHCP_PROG = dhcpcd
        dhcpcd -k eth0
else
        ifconfig eth0 down
evaluate_retval

I'll work on proper syntax to implement the above and then test on a dhcp
and dhcpcd clients.

If anyone sees a cleaner solution to the above, please let me know. I am
very concerned with the test DHCP_PROG = dhcpcd as some will be setting
varible to full path, some not.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org