dhcpd configuration

Larry Lawrence llawre_ at excite.com
Tue Apr 23 06:34:43 PDT 2002

DJ Lucas wrote:

> One more thing...the reason for killproc not killing the pid for dhcpcd
> is that "dhcpcd eth0" creates a pid "dhcpcd.eth0.pid" -- I think.  I'm
> in Windoze now so I can't check it.  Hopefully I'll have a decent e-mail
> client this evening as well now that I finally got around to building X.
>
> DJ

OK. I'm finally getting there.  dhcpcd -k eth0 is definitly cleaner than
killproc.  There is a state component to dhclient, but I do not understand
it, which seems to be important now.

We may be at the point that some of this (mainly, multiple dhcp nics) is
beyond BLFS.  As is being discussed elsewhere, while Hints are not about
simle installation instructions, BLFS is.  Hints could then concentrate on
more complex arrangements.  In this case, your hint could modify the
killproc line with dhcpcd -k, replicate and your properly handling multiple
nics. Just more to think about.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org