dhcpd configuration

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Sun Apr 21 21:34:10 PDT 2002

Larry,
yes I agree that modifying the kills for LFS is tricky and probably
(almost indefinitely) going to vary from system to system, so we leave
that to the user possibly?  It's just that the errors bother me
personally and it might come to be a problem for other users as well on
down the line.  Do you think it is too risky to, at least, point the
users in the right direction to get rid of the errors?   On the way we
are bringing the cards down, ifconfig down DEVICE_NAME works just fine.
I don't know what I was thinking nor why I thought you should change
that.  One more question.. is it necessary to use killproc in the
script?  Doesn't sendsignals take care of that for us anyway? Assuming
the user does modify the kill scripts, then this will cause an error
with multiple NICs using the same client.

Thanks for all the help here,

DJ Lucas

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org