dhcpd configuration

DJ Lucas dj_me at swbell.net
Sun Apr 21 19:30:34 PDT 2002

Okay scripts in cvs look good except two details:
	1.  Putting killproc in script is a bit redundant, plus it
causes a
	    problem with multiple NICs.  I think, if I'm not mistaken,
that
	    both dhclient and dhcpcd use the -k option to kill a
specific
	    interface, so why don't we eliminate the ifconfig down
device
	    line, and the killproc line and simply use $DHCP_PROG -k
$DEVICE.
	    Later in the shutdown process, sendsignals will force the
client
	    daemon to shut itself down.
	2.  The way the current scripts are set up, the network script
is
	    called at K80 while sendsignals is at K50..which of course
causes
	    an invalid failure (the card has actually been stoped as the
	    client is no longer running).
I had originally suggested moving K80network to K45" but this only
leaves us
with 41-44 to work with for killing network dependent software.  It was
suggested that we could move all the scripts from K90-K50 downward by
increments of 5 and then move K80 to K50 which gives us plenty of room
work with.  As far as the killing the program itself, I believe I've
read
that dhclient uses the -k option like dhcpcd, unfortunately I'm
unfamiliar
with dhclient and it's configuration and options.  I won't be unfamiliar

later this evening!  Just my thoughts.

DJ Lucas <dj_me at swbell.net>