Iptables v1.2.6a - is it useful to you for me to test?

Henning Rohde Rohde.Henning at gmx.net
Sun Apr 21 10:42:08 PDT 2002

Hi Bill,

-> http://www.iptables.org/files/changes-iptables-1.2.6a.txt

> I know y'all track, so I'm not announcing. But BILLS is now being
> tested using BLFS stuff and I thought I might test for you and
> let you know the results.
>
> Would this be of use? I expect I could hit it Mom. or Tue.

hmm, nice that you care for it, but as far as iptables is used in the current version of the book, none of the changes affect us by far.

Long ago, I think it was in the very first days of the firewalling-hint, we agreed upon writing a "rooky-proof" firewalling-script, and not to go beyond that point.
Any patch, may it either be in "patch-o-matic" or in "most-of-pom" is IMHO unnecessary for this point, so any update since long was purely cosmetic or maintainance.

If you insist on having the versions upto the newest, change the numbers, there's IMHO no need to change the text.

Just my 0.02 of EUR,

        Henning

--
"Disable Active Scripting and never turn it on. Better, do not use IE in hostile environments such as the internet."
        (www.guninski.com/getob3.html)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org