KDE-3 source is on the mirrors

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Apr 13 05:42:08 PDT 2002

On Sat, 13, Apr, 2002 at 12:30:40PM +0100, Chris Lingard spoke thus..
> Mark Hymers wrote:
>  >

> >> This was my big mistake, I will re-compile qt without threads.  Do
> >> I then have to recompile arts, kdelib, kdebase and kdenetwork?
> > Er.  Why is it bad to compile qt with threads?
> >
> > Mark
> >

> Because KDE-3 does not work here; ( LFS 3.2 built with gcc-3.0.4).
>
> When KDE start up kicker does a SIGALRM in a thread. Posted above is
> report that it runs better without threads.
>
> This is not one of my serious systems, just one to play with.  Just
> seen a masive change in gcc/cp on the cvs download of gcc-3.1, so
> I make rebuild with that.  It comes complete with Ada.  I used to get
> paid good money to maintain a gnat/gdb/ddd Ada system.
>

> Have you a gcc-3.0.4 system working?
Ah.  I'm behind; I'm still on gcc-2.95.3.  I'm CCing this to blfs-dev
because when we start getting the book ready for release, this'll be
important.  On gcc-2.95.3 it seems to work OK.

Followups to blfs-dev only for BLFS discussion; lfs-chat
only for general chit-chat please!
markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org