Fwd: Re: the which command - package request

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 8 17:28:21 PDT 2002

----- Forwarded message from Jeroen Coumans <jeroencoumans at gmx.net> -----

From: Jeroen Coumans <jeroencoumans at gmx.net>
To: lfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
Cc: blfs-dev at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: the which command - package request
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 10:46:32 +0200

On Friday 22 March 2002 05:02, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > Anyway, as you'd know if you'd actually read my mail, you've convinced
> > me that which really should go in BLFS as long as no one gets the
> > impression that which is optional.
>
> That's where we differ of opinion. I do consider the which package an
> optional package.

FYI in the bash doc directory, under examples/functions there's a which
function which is a good replacement for the package. I'll leave it up to you
guys to decide if you want to mention it either in LFS (under bash) or BLFS
(under the which package). It would be nice to mention it at least somewhere,
since this thread is so long yet nobody seemed to be aware that it's allready
(semi) provided with bash.

--
Groeten/Greetings
Jeroen Coumans