Apologies for the Delays

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Apr 8 16:20:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, 08, Apr, 2002 at 05:01:45PM +0000, Davy Brion spoke thus..
> On Monday 08 April 2002 15:13, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > Hmm.  Interesting.  I'm using the standard qt-3.0.3 from
> > trolltech's ftp site (not the patched one from the KDE ftp area)
> > and I can't find any mention of this:
> >
> > mark:~/qt-x11-free-3.0.3$ grep objprelink * -r
> > grep: include/qt_windows.h: No such file or directory
> > mark:~/qt-x11-free-3.0.3$
> >
> > Maybe it's in the patched version.  Anyway, it works now.
> there should be a mkspecs/linux-g++-objprelink directory in your QT
> source tree.  that's the platform u have to specify during configure
> and that's all u have to do to get an objprelinked QT :)
Yeah, I've just checked and in the patched version of qt-3.0.3 from the
kde ftp site (called qt-copy-3.0.3.tar.bz2), that directory is present.

In the original qt-3.0.3 (called qt-x11-free-3.0.3.tar.bz2) from the
Trolltech ftp site however, it isn't.

So the KDE guys have patched it into their version but I didn't see it
because I was using the original.

So it does all make sense then :-)

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org