Packaged LFS

Phil Howard phil-blfs-dev at ipal.net
Fri Apr 5 10:34:42 PST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 06:28:40PM +0200, Jean-Charles Andlauer wrote:

| I know that packaging is beyond the scope of the LFS project. And packaging
| LFS seems so obvious, that I suppose someone out here has already started
| working on it. At least I have, on my iMac, using RPM.

What will you be packaging?  The source?  the binary produced by compiling?

| But I would rather not work alone.
|
| So here are my questions:
| 1. Has anyone here started packaging LFS?

Yes.

| 2. What packaging system do you use? Why?

Tar.

| 3. How could I contribute to an existing project, or initiate a new one?

You have to pick one you like.  There are many to choose from, ranging from
automating LFS itself to making the LFS results become a new distribution.

| Phil Howard - KA9WGN |   Dallas   | http://linuxhomepage.com/ |
| phil-nospam at ipal.net | Texas, USA | http://phil.ipal.org/     |
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org