audio config

Larry Lawrence llawrence at hot.rr.com
Fri Apr 5 06:53:08 PST 2002

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> Isn't this too much "taking the reader by the hand"? Also, no program
> actually requires /dev/cdrom (unless I've been using devfs too long :).
> LFS for me is all about choice and freedom and I think BLFS should
> follow a similair path. There's a thin line between providing basic
> installation instructions and customising the system to your taste; I'm
> not sure if this falls under the latter. In my understanding (and
> IMHO), this sort of customization should always be a part which can be
> suggested in BLFS but not prescribed.

Proposal withdrawn as far as I'm concerned.  After more thought, /dev/cdrom
is a KDE issue - as it was the only program that has hounded me with no
/dev/cdrom, although I'm not past taking it out and proving myself wrong.
Second, I like Jeroen's suggestion of linking to documention on user/group
permissions.

Larry
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org