audio config

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at gmx.net
Thu Apr 4 23:06:18 PST 2002

On Thursday 04 April 2002 19:32, Larry Lawrence wrote:
> Mark,
>
> I would like to propose this, mainly because it caught me and I like
> friendly reminders, even if no ones reads it.  [pessimestic mode]

Isn't this too much "taking the reader by the hand"? Also, no program
actually requires /dev/cdrom (unless I've been using devfs too long :).
LFS for me is all about choice and freedom and I think BLFS should
follow a similair path. There's a thin line between providing basic
installation instructions and customising the system to your taste; I'm
not sure if this falls under the latter. In my understanding (and
IMHO), this sort of customization should always be a part which can be
suggested in BLFS but not prescribed.

I think BLFS shouldn't be more newbie-friendly than LFS is. In fact, we
should assume more advanced readers in BLFS, since they allready have
experience with LFS. IMO we should give links to documentation on
user/group permissions instead of reminders.

Or have I totally misunderstood the concept of BLFS? :)

(BTW thanks for all your hard work - I wish I had enough spare time to
catch up on writing for BLFS again.. sigh)

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org