postfix and group postdrop

Larry Lawrence llawre_ at excite.com
Wed Apr 3 17:29:50 PST 2002

"Phil Howard" <phil-blfs-dev at ipal.net> wrote in message
news:20020403235732.GE28524 at vega.ipal.net...
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 04:04:31PM -0600, Larry Lawrence wrote:
>
> | On Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:23:37 -0600, Phil Howard wrote:
> |

> | > What does your /etc/postfix/install.cf file have in it?
> | >

> | I don't have one, not in etc, not in tarball.
>
> Hmmm.  This is the file used by Postfix to set up install options.
> If it doesn't exist in advance, it should at least be created.

I went back through the README files and INSTALL files for 1.1.5 and
finally found a reference to install.cf in the postfix-install script.
It is listed as an obsolete configuration file (it has been combined
with main.cf).  In your case, postfix-install IS extracting parameter
settings from the install.cf.  The instructions in BLFS are for new
installs to a LFS base system, so I am assuming all parameter settings
are as set in the main.cf of a fresh untar.

Those can be found in the last 36 lines of a new main.cf, [it should be
equivilent to your install.cf] and this will give you the defaults that
a new install is presented which is what you asked for.

You may want to post a specific question about what your trying to do on
blfs.support.  There are a lot more people that watch that list that can
assist you in doing a new compile using a  install.cf from a working
postfix installation.  You obviously ran into one gotcha with the change
in group names, and they may know where others are.

Larry

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org