postfix and group postdrop

Larry Lawrence llawre_ at excite.com
Tue Apr 2 14:54:46 PST 2002

> It is postfix-1.1.5.tar.gz [9ef19e0faaa0acd08603b021cdc133bf]
> I got an error message about the group not being found, so I
> copied some stuff in from an older Postfix I was running under
> Slackware, and then it works.
>
> If is doesn't have a maildrop directory anymore, what does it
> use postdrop for?  I try to see what I can do to reproduce this.
>
> --

The part where I say to accept the defaults is where the problem is.

The defaults (in your case) came from the main.cf that you moved over.
One of the questions refers to the group name which in your case
defaulted to maildrop, but in a new installation, would default to
postdrop.  I believe you can just modify the main.cf to use group
postdrop and you would be equivilent to a new installation.

Larry

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org