postfix and group postdrop

Phil Howard phil-blfs-dev at ipal.net
Tue Apr 2 04:20:03 PST 2002

According to BLFS-BOOK-CVS-2002-04-01.txt:

groupadd postfix &&
groupadd postdrop &&
groupadd -g 65534 nogroup &&
useradd -c postfix -d /dev/null -g postfix -s /bin/false postfix &&
useradd -c nobody -d /home -g nogroup -s /bin/bash -u 65534 nobody &&
chown postfix:postfix /var/mail

However, Postfix wants the group to be called "maildrop".  When I
did s/postdrop/maildrop/ it now installs OK (due to other issues
in progress, I am not going to be testing that system for a few
more days, at least).  Just thought I'd pass that tidbit along.

| Phil Howard - KA9WGN |   Dallas   | http://linuxhomepage.com/ |
| phil-nospam at ipal.net | Texas, USA | http://phil.ipal.org/     |
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org