postfix

Phil Howard phil-blfs-dev at ipal.net
Tue Apr 2 04:12:25 PST 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 03:06:26AM -0800, Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee wrote:

| On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 01:03:39AM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
| > Do you start postfix or sshd first (obviously it's a matter of
| > preference).  Can people look in appendix A and pick some numbers.  I'll
| > try and go with a consensus ;-)
|
| Id stick it around 35 i guess.  It doesn't really depend on anything
| (unless you compiled differently then out of the box) so the lower it
| is, the better, imho.

I would not say that lower is better.  I would say it should definitely
be _after_ things like sshd, named, and ntpd, and maybe also inetd, but
probably before things like httpd and such.  I'd want sshd as early as
possible (actually, I put networking and sshd in run level 2 myself) so
I can get in and fix things if something else isn't coming up right.

| Phil Howard - KA9WGN |   Dallas   | http://linuxhomepage.com/ |
| phil-nospam at ipal.net | Texas, USA | http://phil.ipal.org/     |
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org