wvdial submission.

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 25 10:47:51 PDT 2001

On Thu, 25, Oct, 2001 at 11:46:49AM +0100, Paul Campbell spoke thus..
> Lo.
>
> Excuse me, if this is the wrong place (again), but I have done what I think
> is proper to the wvdial instructions.
This is the right place.

> If I have any of the above wrong let me know.
>
> I edited the index.xml and apendixa.xml, openjade renders it and it looks
> okay.  Is this okay?  The editing was done on a CVS grabbed last night...
> (24/10/2001) or is that 2001-10-24 for the US?
I'm English so I say 24/10/2001 ;-)

> The size ENTITIES....
>
> wvdial-size  ==  download size?  or install size?  Download is 101Kb,
> install is 1Mb.  Build (du . after compile ) == 5.8Mb
Sorry - that is confusing.. I should rename them so that they make
sense!

It should be:
<!ENTITY wvdial-buildsize "5.8 MB">
is the du -h size of the (for example) /usr/src/wvdial-1.41 tree

<!ENTITY wvdial-size "101 KB">
is the size of the download (i.e. wvdial-1.41.tar.gz) file.

I've chenged that second one to 101 KB in CVS as well.

Really the *-size entities should be *-download-size entities.  One of
the tidy-ups to go on my TODO list.

> wvdial-version == 1.41 ???  I have version 1.42 .. any reason for this?
I found references on various sites to 1.42 but I couldn't find it.
Anyway - I've been using 1.41 for ages now and there's nowt wrong with
it ;-)

> And yes, Vim for editing.  Only, can someone spin me round three times,
> take off my blindfold, and send me in roughly the right direction to some
> XML utilities?  Checkers, parses, tree editors, GUI editors.  Just editing
> it in Vim or running it through openjade is boring, asides nALFS this is
> all I know how to do with XML so far, and I know it can be so much more.
The VIM then openjade way is the way that I do things - it's the most
reliable way of checking everything.

> If wvdial is okay, I'll checkout fetchmail, unless it's grabbed first.
Only thing that would make the submission better is to submit the
index.xml and appendixa.xml changes as diff files but that isn't
essential - it just means I can be lazier...

Cheers

Mark

PS:
> Frankly, I can't be arsed