WARNING - BLFS CVS CHANGES!

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 24 08:41:01 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21, Oct, 2001 at 08:16:37PM +0100, Chris Lingard spoke thus..
> Hello Mark,
>
> Many thanks for the information.  First time using xml and openjade; but I
> have now got a clean new LFS book.
>
> Just two minor points that I found.
>
> When you install openjade, the copy should be:
>         cp -av dsssl/* /usr/share/dsssl/openjade
> and not cp -av dsssl /usr/share/dsssl/openjade
> Otherwise you get /usr/share/dsssl/openjade/dsssl/catalog
I'm CCing this to Gerard as he maintains that document (INSTALL).

> When you say that a new directory should be created to run openjade; then
> this should have directories appendixa -> appendixd, and directories
> chapter01 -> chapter09 created; as openjade does not do a recursive build,
> and failed if it could not find the directory.
This only currently applies to the LFS book although I'll take this
opportunity to tell everyone that soon I'll be doing the same to the
BLFS book.  Currently the HTML is generated all in one directory, we'll
be moving (to stay consistent) to the new (post 3.0) LFS model of having
the HTML created in a directory format.  It basically entails going
through and adding something like:

<?dbhtml filename="gzip.html" dir="chapter05"?>
[example shamelessly nicked from the LFS CVS]

to each sect1 section.

Then people will need to make sure they have the directory structure
created in advance, as an example, here's my script which updates my
local LFS HTML copy from my cvs sandbox:

#!/bin/sh

if [ ! -d /home/mark/LFS/LFS/BOOK ]
        then
                echo "/home/mark/LFS/LFS/BOOK doesn't exist"
        else
                echo "Updating /home/mark/LFS/html"

                if [ -d /home/mark/LFS/html ]
                then
                cd /home/mark/LFS/html && rm -fr *
                else
                mkdir /home/mark/LFS/html && cd /home/mark/LFS/html
                fi

                for i in 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09
                do
                        mkdir chapter$i;
                done

                for i in a b c d
                do
                        mkdir appendix$i;
                done

                mkdir preface

                /usr/bin/openjade -t sgml \
                        -d /usr/share/dsssl/docbook/html/lfs.dsl \
                        /usr/share/dsssl/docbook/dtds/decls/xml.dcl \
                        /home/mark/LFS/LFS/BOOK/index.xml 2>&1 > html.log
        fi

Though I probably should say that the html.log file doesn't recieve any
output - the redirection doesn't seem to work ;-)

I'll make this change to the BLFS book at the weekend as long as I don't
get any horrible objections from people.

Cheers

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Editor