WARNING - BLFS CVS CHANGES!

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 21 05:40:08 PDT 2001

On Sun, 21, Oct, 2001 at 10:21:52AM +0100, Chris Lingard spoke thus..
> Mark Hymers wrote:
>

> > Any comments/queries/complaints/flames to me or the ml please.
> >
> > Mark
> >

> Hello Mark,
>
> Only just got cvs working here, so have just upgraded the hints.  It would
> be nice if you let us know what is available by cvs, or where the lists
> are; as it is not obvious. Also the sizes involved.
>
> Would like to upgrade my very old LFS book; but from what you say this may
> not be possible.
This isn't a BLFS question but I'll answer anyways ;-)

First of all, when you haven't updated a tree in a long time you are
often better deleting it and doing a cvs checkout again.  This is
because things may have been altered so that you end up with empty
directories or directories might not get pulled.  We tend to announce
when this happens though so it should be ok.

The following things are available in the LFS cvs rep:

Rep		Size	Description

ALFS		2.0M	Automated LinuxFromScratch Tree
BLFS		1.5M	Beyond LinuxFromScratch Book Tree
LFS/BOOK	2.8M	LinuxFromScratch Book Tree
LFS/FAQ		37 Kb	LFS FAQ in XML Format
hints		986 Kb	LFS Hints in Text Format

There are one or two other little things which are available but which
are only of interest to the editors (such as the CVS for the website and
all that).

Hope this helps

Mark

--