Locations of texts relevant for firewalling [was Re: Changes to Appendix A/iptables]

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Oct 20 15:19:54 PDT 2001

On Thu, 18, Oct, 2001 at 06:17:11PM +0200, Henning Rohde spoke thus..
> OK, let's start to change that!
>
> Who is willing to contribute?
/me raises my hand

> So do I, but getting feedback by doing support is important, that's the
> reason why I'm currently wasting time in blfs.support.
I don't call hanging around in blfs-support "wasting time" ;-)

> No, please stick with a simple list: I do doubt it will be quite difficult
> to XREF into a table!
OK.. There is now a new page in Chapter 1 with an enhanced Credits page.
Have a look and tell me if that's better...  If not, I'll try changing
it again!

> But, what kind of license does this mean?
> Althoug hI'm studying law I have never taken any glance into the FSF's
> texts, but IIRC there is a license dealing with documentation.
> I may need some time to get familiar with English law, you must know that
> German law is quite a bit different, but I'm going to take a look into it.
Alright.  The current rules are that all LFS related stuff is under the
BSD license (according to what I remember anyways).  We *can* change
that (especially at the moment as all the authors are still around).
I'd like to get people to assign copyright to linuxfromscratch.org and
then license under the BSD license (I must check with Gerard if that'll
work) .  Would everyone be happy with that?

> >> Sorry for bothering you with my irritation about co-laborator-ship,
> > Keine probleme.  (Bad German ahoy!)
>
> Hey, good, how did you know it?
I did German for about 5 years finishing 5 or 6 years ago - that's about
all I can remember!

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Editor