Locations of texts relevant for firewalling [was Re: Changes to Appendix A/iptables]

Henning Rohde hr at our-home.net
Thu Oct 18 09:17:11 PDT 2001

Hi Mark,
hi everybody else,

Mark Hymers wrote:
> On Wed, 10, Oct, 2001 at 11:27:58AM +0200, Henning Rohde spoke thus..
>> Hmm, please tell me, what's the status of the BLFS-Book?
>> (beyond the packages)
> Not moving very fast!

OK, let's start to change that!

Who is willing to contribute?

>> If I take a look at the messages that came in via blfs.dev (Newsgroup
>> _and_ Mailinglist) I get the impression that the BLFS-project got
>> reduced to the support-facility of blfs.support.
> I do hope not..

So do I, but getting feedback by doing support is important, that's the
reason why I'm currently wasting time in blfs.support.

>> Appearently nobody showed any interest in my issue about the acks, nor
>> about Copyright,
> The acks are a problem.  I need to sort it out.  What I'd like to do is
> to use a table to do it.  I'll have to investigate the XML markup things
> for creating tables first though as I've never used them before.

No, please stick with a simple list: I do doubt it will be quite difficult
to XREF into a table!

> Copyright is VERY important.  We need to sort it out but I don't know
> how.  As far as I'm concerned, I give all my copyright (implicitly) to
> linuxfromscratch.org when I submit something.  Is this what we want to
> go with?

But, what kind of license does this mean?
Althoug hI'm studying law I have never taken any glance into the FSF's
texts, but IIRC there is a license dealing with documentation.
I may need some time to get familiar with English law, you must know that
German law is quite a bit different, but I'm going to take a look into it.

>> So I do ask: Is there any interest in the book, especially in writing it?
> There certainly is here but time is the problem

Ack!

Have a nice day,

        Henning

>> Sorry for bothering you with my irritation about co-laborator-ship,
> Keine probleme.  (Bad German ahoy!)

Hey, good, how did you know it?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org