Locations of texts relevant for firewalling [was Re: Changes to Appendix A/iptables]

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 14 12:45:28 PDT 2001

On Sun, 14, Oct, 2001 at 08:00:46PM +0200, Jeroen Coumans spoke thus..
> > There is a reason for that.  It was HIghoS' fault so blame him.  He
> > pointed out that it might be best to do it like this so that people cna
> > easily find basic install instructions for packages from the index.  As
> > ever, I'm open to arguments though.
> Maybe we could brainstorm some more about this.. BLFS-Book surely must be
> customizable because of it's very nature. I'm not sure what the format
> should be, but wouldn't it be more consistent with LFS to follow that (the
> new) layout?
Yep - it's fairly easy for me to alter it and yes I'm perfectly willing
to brainstorm if people have ideas.  The current one is for all BASIC
install instructions to go into appendix A and then to put internal
XREF's in the chapters which refer to the packages.  This allows us to
do a many-->one mapping, i.e. refer to the instructions for zlib
numerous times in the dependency sections because it's required by loads
of packages.

If anyone has any better ideas though of course I'm willing to consider
them.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Project Leader