Locations of texts relevant for firewalling [was Re: Changes to Appendix A/iptables]

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 14 06:40:43 PDT 2001

On Wed, 10, Oct, 2001 at 11:27:58AM +0200, Henning Rohde spoke thus..
> Hmm, please tell me, what's the status of the BLFS-Book?
> (beyond the packages)
Not moving very fast!

> If I take a look at the messages that came in via blfs.dev (Newsgroup
> _and_ Mailinglist) I get the impression that the BLFS-project got
> reduced to the support-facility of blfs.support.
I do hope not..

> Appearently nobody showed any interest in my issue about the acks, nor
> about Copyright,
The acks are a problem.  I need to sort it out.  What I'd like to do is
to use a table to do it.  I'll have to investigate the XML markup things
for creating tables first though as I've never used them before.

Copyright is VERY important.  We need to sort it out but I don't know
how.  As far as I'm concerned, I give all my copyright (implicitly) to
linuxfromscratch.org when I submit something.  Is this what we want to
go with?

> nor is there any noticable traffic concerning chapters
> beyond the packages.
Yeah - that's the problem.  I'm about to *try* and write some text now.

> So I do ask: Is there any interest in the book, especially in writing it?
There certainly is here but time is the problem

> Sorry for bothering you with my irritation about co-laborator-ship,
Keine probleme.  (Bad German ahoy!)

> PS: Yes, I'm going to transfer my hint into the chapter about
> firewalling, as soon as my study of law will allow me to do it.
That's a similar problem to me - I'm a medical student and so lack of
time is definately a problem here as well.  We need more contributors -
spread the word!

I'll be glad to see the hint translated whenever you can.

OK - I'm going to try and get some work done on the book now!

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Project Leader
markh at linuxfromscratch.org