Locations of texts relevant for firewalling [was Re: Changes to Appendix A/iptables]

Henning Rohde Rohde.Henning at gmx.net
Wed Oct 10 02:27:58 PDT 2001

Hi Mark,

Mark Hymers wrote:

 > Thanks - I've put the new files in CVS - apologies that it took so long
 > but as I said in another email, I've had to get a "real life"
 > (recently)....
 >
 > The new instructions look good - are you willing to write the Ch6
 > section on creating a firewall?

 > Heh - I'm glad you said that *before* I went away from keyboard for a
 > ridiculous length of time.

hey, good man, you're welcome!

Hmm, please tell me, what's the status of the BLFS-Book?
(beyond the packages)

Who did actually line-out / write what, and who is actually working on
what, again beside the packages?

If I take a look at the messages that came in via blfs.dev (Newsgroup
_and_ Mailinglist) I get the impression that the BLFS-project got
reduced to the support-facility of blfs.support.

Appearently nobody showed any interest in my issue about the acks, nor
about Copyright, nor is there any noticable traffic concerning chapters
beyond the packages.

So I do ask: Is there any interest in the book, especially in writing it?

Sorry for bothering you with my irritation about co-laborator-ship,

Henning

PS: Yes, I'm going to transfer my hint into the chapter about
firewalling, as soon as my study of law will allow me to do it.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org