Inizial ram disk

Chris Lingard chris at stockwith.uklinux.net
Sun Oct 7 12:22:18 PDT 2001

The Spider wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>          i wonder if anyone knows how to create a bootable floppy (or
>          cdrom) with an initial-ram-disk that execute a program (for
>          example FDISK) automatically. IT would be an initial step to
>          create a personal linux box!! I tried some experiments with
>          MKINITRD and linuxrc but without lucky.
>
>          I know this is not a simple task but hints are very appreciated.
>
>         Thanks,
>
>                            Stefano  "The Spider"  Ragno.

Hello Stefano,

Have a look at http://www.stockwith.uklinux.net

This is something that is based on an idea of Martin L Purchke
that you have already been given the address of.

My claim to originality is that is uses an LFS system to produce a bootable
CD; that runs as a complete Linux system; (it will compile within the RAM
or you can just copt it onto a hard disk).

Chris