Locations of texts relevant for firewalling [was Re: Changes to Appendix A/iptables]

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 7 07:22:09 PDT 2001

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 12:40:27PM +0100, Mark Hymers wrote:
> > This hack makes IIRC the lines 'unwrappable': they do not wrap around on
> > a narrow brower-window or on a low-resolution-screen.
> > This is suitable for short lines, but I wanted to put a 'line break'
> > into a quite long paragraph.
> Ah right.  I'm not sure on that one.  I'm CCing Gerard this email to see
> if he knows how to do it - it may be simple and I may have just
> completely forgotten it...

DocBook has no <br> tag like we have in HTML. In regular <para>'s you can't
insert a line break, you will have to use the <literallayout> tag which
listens to your linebreaks. So you'll have to count out the length of a
line to make sure it wraps after 80 columns (if you tell vim to do that for
example you'll be just fine, where ever vim wraps at or before 80 columns,
it'll show up fine rendered in html or other formats).

By the way, as easy way to figure out if your book fits well on a 80
columns screen is render a txt version of the book and run "wc -L" on it.
It'll show you the longest line in the file so you can hunt down that long
line. I haven't figured out a way yet to be told which line number it is.
I could do this with perl if really needed.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org