Locations of texts relevant for firewalling [was Re: Changes to Appendix A/iptables]

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Oct 7 04:40:27 PDT 2001

On Sun, 30, Sep, 2001 at 11:10:14PM +0200, Henning Rohde spoke thus..

Hi, (Gerard could you read the second part of the discussion about
putting line breaks in please - you're the DocBook expert!)

> OK, one compromise: What about a seperate Part of the book dealing with
> advices how to do a 'make menuconfig'?
> Every software that needs certain capabilities could XREF to the
> relevant parts of that document.
> Do you think that this would mean an 'overkill'?
That's probably sensible.  Each package could then simply list the
options like CONFIG_BLAH_BLAH which need to be enabled for it to work.
This might be even more important from kernel 2.5.x onwards when the
CML2 version on config comes in...

> This hack makes IIRC the lines 'unwrappable': they do not wrap around on
> a narrow brower-window or on a low-resolution-screen.
> This is suitable for short lines, but I wanted to put a 'line break'
> into a quite long paragraph.
Ah right.  I'm not sure on that one.  I'm CCing Gerard this email to see
if he knows how to do it - it may be simple and I may have just
completely forgotten it...

Mark

--
Mark Hymers					 BLFS Project Leader