One vagueness in the current (and previous) books

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 30 02:30:24 PST 2001

On Fri, 30, Nov, 2001 at 02:12:40AM +0100, Michael Klose spoke thus..
> At the moment I am currently compiling X11 4.1.0. The LFS hint basically
> works for that too. One of the CC options is not available, and it is
> important to note that
>

> #ifndef SiteIConfigFiles
> #define SiteIConfigFiles $(IRULESRC)/host.def
> #define LocalConfigFiles host.def
> #endif
>
> has to be uncommented. This is not mentioned in the hint. I guess it is
> because this used to be uncommented in prior X11 versions.
>
> When I forgot to do this, late in the compile stage, I got "missing
> seperator" error and the Makefile in the directory which it happened (mga
> driver) looked totally weird.
>
> Maybe something to add to the hint or blfs book.
[OT for lfs-dev; followup to blfs-dev only please]

The BLFS X instructions are "in the pipeline" as they say.  We have a
sample host.def created by Jeremy Jones and Chris Lynn (mca and roryo)
which will be the basis for the BLFS instructions.  Those who are
interested can find a BETA version at:

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~markh/blfs/beta/host.def-0.1

Mark

--