[blfs-book] [lfs-patches] r2738 - in trunk: alsa-plugins gegl k3b libquicktime opal transcode

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 8 15:17:17 PDT 2013

[ note to self - replying from a *subscribed* address works better ]

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 07:59:37PM +0200, Igor Živković wrote:
> On 2013-10-08 18:53, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> >  I've continued to build enough of it to get tccat working (there
> > really seems to be no alternative - ISTR that I couldn't get
> > dvd::rip to compile when I looked at that).  From your other commits
> > today I see ypu are adding AV libs.  Any thoughts or opinions about
> > trancode ?
>
> Not really as I don't remember when was the last time I used it. But as
> long as transcode compiles and tccat works (I haven't had time yet to
> test it with FFmpeg-2) I suggest we leave it in the book.

 For those who are up to speed with the book [ not me, obviously ] I
didn't notice that transcode _is_ in the book.  I now see that Armin
reinstated it in r10923 in May : by that time I'd moved to my own
"only build tccat" script and I must have missed that commit.

 So yes, definitely leave it in the book.  Sorry for the noise.

ĸen