[blfs-book] [lfs-patches] r2738 - in trunk: alsa-plugins gegl k3b libquicktime opal transcode

Ken Moffat ken at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 8 09:53:22 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 04:11:13AM -0700, igor at higgs.linuxfromscratch.org wrote:
> Author: igor
> Date: Tue Oct  8 04:11:13 2013
> New Revision: 2738
>
> Log:
> ffmpeg2 patches
>
> Added:
>    trunk/alsa-plugins/alsa-plugins-1.0.27-ffmpeg2-1.patch
>    trunk/gegl/
>    trunk/gegl/gegl-0.2.0-ffmpeg2-1.patch
>    trunk/k3b/k3b-2.0.2-ffmpeg2-1.patch
>    trunk/libquicktime/
>    trunk/libquicktime/libquicktime-1.2.4-ffmpeg2-1.patch
>    trunk/opal/opal-3.10.10-ffmpeg2-1.patch
>    trunk/transcode/transcode-1.1.7-ffmpeg2-1.patch

 Getting transcode to build with curret ffmpeg is commendable.

 We dropped it from the book because it didn't seem to work properly
with recent ffmpeg (the removal of presets from all maintained
versions of ffmpeg was the main issue, I think), and it was too much
trouble for any of the editors to maintain.

 I think someone also suggested that its upstream had reappeared and
was intending to make a new release - but it's the worst possible
project name to google for, and I haven't seen any other indications
that it is alive.

 I've continued to build enough of it to get tccat working (there
really seems to be no alternative - ISTR that I couldn't get
dvd::rip to compile when I looked at that).  From your other commits
today I see ypu are adding AV libs.  Any thoughts or opinions about
trancode ?

ĸen