[blfs-book] r10979 - in trunk/BOOK

Nathan Coulson conathan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 23:06:39 PST 2013

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM, Fernando de Oliveira
<famobr at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> [...]

Another one here who would prefer not seeing CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS
overruled whenever possible.

I have always liked to stay as close as possible to upstream's build
systems, with mimal changes.  If we change something, Ideally I would
love those changes to eventually be upstream (Unless it only makes
sense on a LFS Platform, and in that case, it may be worth looking at
why we need such a change).

I like the idea of --strip-unneeded after the fact,  perhaps on it's
own blfs page.  It certainly warrants having some notes regarding it.
Especially love the link from technovelty.