[blfs-book] r10988 - trunk/BOOK/xincludes

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 18:48:52 PST 2013

Randy McMurchy wrote:
> randy at higgs.linuxfromscratch.org wrote these words on 02/01/13 16:29 CST:
>> Author: randy
>>
>> Added: trunk/BOOK/xincludes/gtk-update-icon-cache.xml
>> Binary file. No diff available.
>>
>> Added: trunk/BOOK/xincludes/update-desktop-database.xml
>> Binary file. No diff available.
>>
>> Added: trunk/BOOK/xincludes/update-icons-and-desktop.xml
>> Binary file. No diff available.
>
> I am not sure what I've ever done different (svn add is all that is necessary)
> with this commit than any other, but this Binary file thing is odd. I noticed
> it when I did the svn add, but didn't think too much about it. I will svn remove
> them, then add them as text files.

Take a look at ~/.subversion/config.  It has a section called
[auto-props].  I think that's changed in the last year or so.

### Set enable-auto-props to 'yes' to enable automatic properties
### for 'svn add' and 'svn import', it defaults to 'no'.
### Automatic properties are defined in the section 'auto-props'.
enable-auto-props = yes

### Section for configuring automatic properties.
[auto-props]
### The format of the entries is:
###   file-name-pattern = propname[=value][;propname[=value]...]
### The file-name-pattern can contain wildcards (such as '*' and
### '?').  All entries which match will be applied to the file.
### Note that auto-props functionality must be enabled, which
### is typically done by setting the 'enable-auto-props' option.
*.c = svn:eol-style=native
*.cpp = svn:eol-style=native
*.h = svn:eol-style=native
#*.dsp = svn:eol-style=CRLF
#*.dsw = svn:eol-style=CRLF
*.sh = svn:eol-style=native;svn:executable
*.txt = svn:eol-style=native
*.png = svn:mime-type=image/png
*.jpg = svn:mime-type=image/jpeg
Makefile = svn:eol-style=native